Thursday, September 2, 2010

El Verano de 2010

This is unfortunate and obvious, but Summer is over. You could say that summer never came and that's not just cause of the semi frosty weather. A lot of folks i know have expressed that their Summer didnt go as they hoped. Dunno why, maybe it was something in the water. Or the economy. I figure it's easier to blame everything on the economy. After talking to my KidSister, i figure doing a post on my summer might be a koolio way to end things.
Not that you care, but i figure if you've read this far you might. At least, that's what i figure. Ill let you know now that if you're expecting to read about a prolific, epic, muy mucho mas grande-bueno extravaganza, this isnt it. My summer was a far cry from that, though there very some really good days, but i can only remember one of them right now. That's the good part of not remembering exactly, and everything that happened in the recent past. You forget about how bored you were and how much you didnt do. But maybe if it wasnt so dull youd remember more. Shit, i dont know.
The first 2 month's of summer were beyond uneventful. I literally slept anytime between 6-9 am, woke up in the late afternoon and played soccer in the evening. I'd stay up all night doing nothing. Lemme tell you it's amazing how much you can, not do at night. I'm pretty sure i can do less at night, sitting at home, then anyone i know. I'm that talented. Occasionally, i went to work for 8 to 10 hours a week. Try working that much. Seriously, try. You wont have money for diddley squat. I did get my favorite board back (thanks Bakir) and in July i started surfing again so that's been a super plus. I also started working on http://djyoshe.com/. It's going really well so be sure to check it out.
Dunno if you read it, but in the middle of July i came down with a cold. It was a bit of a doozey, especially cause my usual remedy of green tea/oj/3 sweaters and 2 pj's/blanket wrap didnt really work. A couple of people i know caught a cold this summer. Maybe this is cause of the climate issues we're having right now? Btw, make sure you recycle, mama nature really needs our help.
Thankfully, I picked up a second job in the last week of July. It saved my summer. I went from barely working 10 hours to working around 30 a week. I went from having nothing to do to having no time to do anything. I made enough money last month to catch up on half my bills. I'm super happy about this. I feel accomplished. Man-half-way-to-the-moon accomplished.
School's started and im still working both jobs. I really figure i have a lot to look forward to this fall. Didnt do much this summer but i think i learned a whole lot. It's kinda too early to know for sure. Lesson's learned but forgotten down the road dont count, so the verdicts still out. I'm tryna analyze what these past three months taught me but im drawing a blank. Simply, progression and efficiency feel good, even in baby steps. It's not that exciting. More that after too long i'm relieved. Lately i throw up a lot more thumbs up and whisper "bueno bueno" to myself every now and again.
A super shout out to my Mom, Pop, sister, Yamaj, DK, Deuse, Tal, Will, Bakir, Lamija, Stan, Jesse, Shariff, the Appleby's, Siraze and all the boy's from the Masjid. If i forgot to mention anyone dont get all butt hurt. Happy September.





No comments:

Post a Comment